1. Go to `about:config` and convince it that you know what you're doing.
2. Search for `media.autoplay.default`.
3. Double-click `0` and enter `1` if you want to always block, or `2` if you want to be prompted for every site that tries to autoplay (which can help with some sites that don't work quite right with blocked autoplay.)
4. Enjoy your significantly-more-pleasant browsing experience!
"The sound of the dialup, pictured"
Can everyone please start using Signal now?
Just learned about pipsi. A nice tool to pip install tools into a virtualenv.
A major symbolic victory, calling for the next steps of combating all this empire stands for, and tech-gentrification/speculation!🎆
Congrats to all who participated, with their presence, energy, courage and intelligence! 💓
Decentralized, direct local+global action (beyond "scenes" and compartmentalized fights) HAS an impact! 📢
Now: THE WORLD!!! 🌎
Martin Fowler will visit @thoughtworks_de Germany and talk about "software design in the 21st century", Nov 27 in Munich, Nov 29 in Hamburg. I'll be starting the evenings off with a talk on pair programming - is it worth the trouble? Join us! https://thght.works/2OJ3N7d
"We always talk about user centric design, but we rarely speak about community focus or society focus design. Most people would recognize that Internet had a positive effect on their personal lives, but maybe not so much on society." - Cassie Robinson #AllTechIsHuman
why organize tech workers? Show more
> why organize? don't you, as a software dev, get paid enough?
1. no, i don't
2. without my knowledge or consent, things i've made have killed people, and my only options were to shrug or quit
3. work should not give you PTSD
4. worker rights and communal welfare is about more than pay. it's about power dynamics, accountability, representation, and taking the craft back from the profiteers who readily dispose of us
Der TLS-Handshake Byte für Bye aufgedröselt: https://tls.ulfheim.net/
Memcached is an amazingly efficient at being an attack vector.
1:500000 amplification vector.
this article by @gretchenmcc is the best
I am back in #hamburg! And there will be no travelling until the end of the year. Yay!
This instance is running on ThoughtWorks infrastructure to allow its employees to create an account and interact with the rest of the Fediverse.
DISCLAIMER: The views or opinions expressed by the users of this instance are solely their own and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of ThoughtWorks, Inc.